Memories from darkness Memories from darkness

Very cool choice of sounds and volume balance! I'm tempted to create a similar track! As far as mixing goes, I would look at the strings and keyboard together... they sound like they are fighting for the same low frequencies, which makes the mix muddy at the bottom. I would cut out some lower frequencies away from either the piano or strings, and you'll have a cleaner mix in the lower registers.

Scatter Scatter

You know, I studied classical composition too. I went to St. Olaf College recently and graduated in composition. I live in Pittsburgh now and teach at a school of music, building up a production program. So, I'd say, you're on the right track with what I'm hearing from you!

Verbee responds:

Oh, that's pretty cool. I'm hoping to teach when I graduate, too, but that's a while away. This type of music is really different from classical when it comes to a lot of things, so it's a nice change of pace for me.

Electric Quasar Radio Wave Electric Quasar Radio Wave

great! I guess people with good taste will make good music haha

Cool Cyan Cool Cyan

I'm curious to know what previous music you've done since this is your second attempt at electronic music. This is very good stuff.

Verbee responds:

Haha thanks, I'm actually studying classical composition at a university, and I've delved into jazz and rock before.

Runners of the Storm Runners of the Storm

As with the stuff I've heard from you I have to compliment your level balance in your mixes.. That seems to be a strength you have. The rain part worked amazingly well with that extended loop in the middle and totally takes you there!! Really a fantastic moment. Though this track flows very well I encourage you to have a contrasting section in your work where the bass notes are different. In that way musically you may find more depth. Great work!

ARMA 3: Resist - Intro 2 ARMA 3: Resist - Intro 2

hey for some reason I thought u already had a review.. anyway the plucked sound in the beginning is a great contrast to the cello, which I really liked and brought the attention right away. The panning added to the intensity and unpredictability, gets you in the war zone. I'd say this is pretty good music for an introductory scene of a game, not too in your face but full of mood. Plus that middle section until the end with such minimal stuff is great for other activities such as reading the plot or dialogue, well spaced. So good work, hope to see this stuff in a game or something similar!

KatMaestro responds:

L'amour est pour toujours L'amour est pour toujours

Hello! The dodecaphonic stuff goes well with making a creepy mood! As far as the mixing.. you might want to ask yourself, which is the in the forefront and which is in the background? In this piece, it sounds like both the vocals and piano are competing for the same space, and the synth to a lesser extent. An idea would be to cut some frequencies from the piano right where the vocals are hitting. That way, it would have more space to be in front. If you wanted the piano in front, I'd probably cut away some higher frequencies away from the voice. Even so, my suggestion is to first mess with the levels to make the instruments quieter.. and the mix more balanced!

Diskovr - Fugitive Diskovr - Fugitive

Great job on the reverbs in this track and the production! Everything aside, I have to agree with Wayv on this one, but really, it depends on what your intention is. If you'd like to continue as a "mainstream" artist, you may be able to get DJ plays a little easier right now. In the big picture, though, it's always worth remembering that the mainstream isn't today's music, but tomorrow's music!

Something Scary Something Scary

Very much enjoyed this one, I think that the fact you may not have put as much time into this one as others doesn't really show. What I like about this one is that rhythmically it's consistent throughout, still being able to express your personal style of shifting through various moods/sections.

Hacking Hacking

This is super cool! I really liked that arpeggiated synth and the mood you create with all of those sounds... all very good choices! The kick sounds a bit distorted and a bit lo-fi, which would be interesting to hear if shaped a little more so it's more futuristic.. but anyway, there's a lot to this track for only 1:12!!! Way to go!

SoTJake responds: